Painting is the best way to refinish and relook your kitchen. With the help of paint, you can give your kitchen a new look instantaneously. You don’t have to give lots of effort or don’t have to spend too much of your money on the restoration of your kitchen cabinets. Paint is the easiest way to refurbish and renew the kitchen cabinets.
When you paint your kitchen cabinets, it will increase the price of your home. If your cabinets would be dirty, unclean, and filthy then it will decrease your house value and your reputation will also undergo it. It is the most affordable and inexpensive method because the installation of a new cabinet would be an expensive thought.
When you install new kitchen cabinets it will take about a month, but on the other hand, the paint will take only seven or eight days. It is a much faster technique than any other method.
Sanding is the technique of flattening and shining a surface with the help of sandpaper. It is the time taking procedure. It needs more physical control than a mechanical course of action. In sanding there is a lot of wood dust produced from it, which also has many harmful causes, even It is a cluttered process where a lot of mess creates from the whole process. You have to do lots of cleaning at the time of sanding.
There are lots of items present in the market that you can use in place of sanding. You can use sand in place of sandpaper. Sand is the easiest way to clean. Walnut shells can be used to smooth the surface area of woods and it also polishes the wood surface. Corn cub is also the substitute for sandpaper. Pumice is also used in place of it. It is a volcanic rock that is uneven and porous. At the time of its use, your wood has to be wet. Rottenstone is a little inexpensive than pumice. It is just like the pumice but it is not accessible in all hardware stores. Scraping is also a technique of removing layers of wood. It needs a sharp knife. It requires a professional hand. Burnish is the method in which metal, wood, or leather polish on the part of the wood.
There are many things you have to keep in mind while you are painting kitchen cabinets. What kind of surface do your kitchen cabinets have? Because not all paints work on all kinds of surfaces so you have to check it. There are many kinds of paints available in the market. All the paints have different kinds of properties. Some paints are very expensive that last for a long period. Some paints give shine to your kitchen cabinets. Choose according to your requirement and necessities.
If you are going to paint your kitchen cabinets without sanding then these are few steps you have to take at the time of painting:-
- 1. You can purchase a painting kit from a nearby grocery shop; it contains a deglosser which helps in removing any type of coat or layers of paint without difficulty.
- Before removing the cabinets from their place you can tape the area where they were located so you don’t face any kind of problem at the time of its fixing.
- After that, you can wash your kitchen cabinets with the help of soap or detergent or any kind of cleaning agent and water. Because it will clean all the greasy spots present on your kitchen cabinets.
- You can wear gloves so the paint cannot harm your skin at the time of painting.
- Let it dry for a good 12 or 24 hours.
- After that, you can install your cabinets at their place. These are a few steps you can take at the time of refurbishing and repairing your paint. You don’t require a sanding step if you use these steps for the painting.
There are also many chemical solutions available in the market that you can use for hard corrosion or rusted areas. If you don’t want to lose a single part of your old kitchen cabinets then you can opt for painting not without sanding. Paint gives your kitchen cabinets a new life so they will stay for a long period.